Pages

Jan 13, 2014

Yes, I understand You.


I'm always amazed with how the Lord speaks directly to me in my mothering moments of correction. Duhn duhn duhn duhnnn. It sounds so serious, I know. Just hear me out. Honestly it makes me smile a little as I hear Him echoing, "Yes, yes child." For instance, today...my dear little fragile hearted energizer bunny, Hb, she is not a baby loving kind of 5 year old thus her adorable and mischievous 17 month old brother, the Moose, is quickly under her skin, most of the time. He attempts to pull her puff, she screams bloody murder. He grabs a Doc McStuffin reflex hammer, turns running and she falls in a heap of tears on the floor. This goes on all day. So, with a firm yet kind tone (it's still early in the day so I am feeling patient) I remind her..."Hannah. He is a baby. He is young. He doesn't know what he is doing. You have to be patient with him. Try to understand he is not out to get you. He is not trying to hurt your feelings. Try to stay calm." 
As the sentences are coming out of my mouth, I can hear Him agreeing and saying "Yes. Yes child." and I know He is reminding me my little babes, in my seeming never ending moments of frustration shepherding these ruffians, need a lot of patience and understanding. They are not out to get me! Ha! Because sometimes it seems like they are! Sometimes I just need a moment, a simple moment, to remember and refocus. He parents me as I parent them and I understand Him. Thankful for these humorous and humbling moments and for My patient and understanding Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment