Pages

Feb 21, 2014

Thankful Thursday

I know, I know, it's not Thursday, but it sounds better than Thankful Friday, so there. It would be nice to write a Thankful Thursday post each Thursday if I can remember to do so. We shall see. I make no promises. My brain is overloaded these days. The past year happens to be one of the most trying ones of my life so we're lucky if the house is standing aright with all five family members accounted for at the end of the day. So, without further ado, let me be thankful. Sometimes the Lord feels too far away and other times He overflows me with so much love that it makes my heart flutter. It's the little moments and joys that I am learning to smile with and embrace that can make this heart full of life again. Want to know what made my heart flutter today? It was this:

I know. Maybe it's not for the coffee purists and scoff at me you may. I do not care.

 See, I just dropped off the younger two children with my sweet mom because she insists it is her therapy to have the grands spend time with she and my dad. I was on my way to sit in carline to get Zeke and the afternoon sleepies hit, but I knew CMize would not want me dropping $5 on Starpennies and I don't think it's all that awesome anyways. Gasp. Yes, I just said that. I'm a regular coffee heretic. So, with much spontaneity I swerve into the Spinx gas station and thought, they will have coffee and it will be budget friendly. It was more than that. I walked in and didn't smell tobacco. I walked to the coffee area and I might have heard an angel heralding. Hazelnut, Dark Midnight Blue Roast, House Blend, White Chocolate Mocha, the options! And what lay behind me was the best of all. A coffee bar with creamers chilling in an ice chest, caramel, chocolate, cinnamon, whipping cream. I happily gasped when I saw this, my favorite of all...

 I mean truly. The bottle says it all: Delight. So now, I have my perfect hot cup of coffee and i walk up to pay. The kind clerk adds to my delight when she tells me my blissful moment only costs $1.50, but what happens next is what really did me in. The clerk says, "It's on us." Maybe her watching me make coffee with the enthusiasm of a kid in a candy store was entertainment enough for her, but I am deeply blessed none the less. Sweet moments. I then go to pick up Zeke and have a half hour to just sit and read, car off, without the sounds of Doc McStuffin or Frozen. Just me, my coffee, and the rejuvenating therapy of a practically cloudless 63 degree atmosphere. My heart is full and I am mindful that I am loved. Let me be thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment